Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Monday, February 13, 2017

Goodbye Until Next Year: RootsTech 2017


I was there at RootsTech 2017. It is sad that I hardly had time to talk to everyone. RootsTech is a great place to see old friends and make new ones. I was so busy presenting at The Family History Guide booth that I had to make a real effort to "make the rounds" and say hello to all those I would have liked to talk to. I certainly enjoyed presenting twice for MyHeritage.com. I also enjoyed seeing and talking to all those who made an effort to find me and say hello. I was gratified to see my friends at Kindex.org and Louis Kessler with his Double Match Triangulator were both able to be finalists and win prizes. It was also nice to have my new friend, Tony Knight, also win a prize with QromaTag

I really enjoyed working with The Family History Guide and got a bonus when the website was officially selected as a FamilySearch Training Partner during the Conference. MyHeritage.com also made two major announcements during the Conference: Tree Correct and Photo Match. I will have a lot more to say about both as time goes on. Findmypast.com announced their new collections of Catholic Church records from the United States. This is a great benefit to genealogists from the United States and all those who are related. I also had a good visit with the team from BillionGraves.com and their new Trees program that connects to the FamilySearch.org Family Tree with connections coming soon to MyHeritage.com and Findmypast.com. In the near future, I will be highlighting some of the other wonderful programs and apps that I saw at RootsTech.org

It is too bad that I got so sick on the last day but it all ended well and I am grateful for all the opportunities to visit with all those who took the time to say hello. 

1 comment: